Low-Cost Turnkey System
This low-cost turnkey test system can be used to measure capacitance (dielectric constant) and dissipation factor or other types of complex impedance parameters of dielectric materials as a function of temperature and frequency. It includes a temperature chamber, test fixture with five specimens, Agilent LCR meter 4284A, or E4980AL LCR Meter (or others), a laptop computer with test control program + connection cables. The test fixture is integrated with a temperature chamber with shielded low impedance high temperature fixture.
- Measure capacitance (K), dissipation factor and other impedance vs temperature and frequency
- Temperature: -184℃ to 250℃
- Frequency: comparable with LCR meter
- 4 channels: simultaneously measure four samples in one run
- Full computer control with isothermal, temperature ramp and time ramp
- Software compatible with Agilent 4284A, E4980A, 4294A, Microtest 6630, etc.
- DC Bias Option: up to ±4000V. Protect LCR meter if sample fail.
Polarization Loop& Dielectric Breakdown Test SystemThis test system can measure the electrical charge density of dielectric and ferroelectric materials as a function of electrical field and frequency. The test is based on an improved active Sawyer-Tower Circuit. The system has integrated protection circuit to protect the system even when the test specimens experience dielectric breakdown under high voltage. Working with Trek high voltage amplifier, test can be performed at voltage >10 kV and frequencies up to 200 Hz. No HV interface required. Dielectric breakdown test can also be performed with the same test system by simply changing the electrical and signal connection. Uniquely designed test fixture will not damage soft polymer dielectric materials.
Ferroelectric Polarization Loop
- Measuring ferroelectric hysteresis loop
- Voltage: >10 kV (No interface)
- Charges: <1 nC to >1 mC (depend on amplifier output)
- Test frequency: 0.01 ~ 200 Hz
- For the test of charge-discharge of capacitor dielectric materials, the software can automatically provide the charged energy density, discharged energy density, as well as charge-discharge efficiency.
- Lifetime cycle test (DC or AC) can be performed and a summary file will be generated automatically.
High Voltage Capacitor charge-Discharge Test
This unique test setup can be used to evaluate the discharging performance (speed and energy density) of new dielectric materials (100 pF) or packaged capacitors (100 µF) under high voltage. PE loop test provides incorrect energy density for capacitor application: the charges of the sample is discharged to power supply in a linear function (10-100 ms) and it significantly over estimate the energy density! In practical application, the discharging usually in nanosecond to millisecond and the discharge is exponential decay!
- Voltage: up to 15 kV (relay and switch)
- Sample capacitance: < 100 pF to > 100 µF
- Discharge peak current:* < 10 A to > 5,000 A
- Discharging load: < 1Ω to > 100 ㏁
- Discharging speed: high voltage MOSFET switch, rise time < 10 ns.
- Accuracy of charging current, voltage, and energy is determined by the capability of the power supply & sample capacitance.
- Temperature of capacitor and ambient may be recorded during lifetime test [Option]